29 April 2009

Masters of The Megaverse


Well, I wasn't going to do another post just yet..... but here I am! There's been a lot of work done in the last few days (not that unusual really), and when I've taken a break from re-writing text files I've dabbled in creating some ships for a probable shipset, with a race name of Ellana. That name came out of my head and not anywhere else, inspired by my mothers first name of Ella. That also happens to be my daughters second name.
After doing a set of transports (4), I adapted another ship for a destroyer though I'm not satisifed with that. So I decided to do a cruiser from scratch and I must say I liked the shape immediately, even though it was slightly influenced by the transport hull - very slightly. I then decided it needed clearly visible defense turrets rather like warships of WW 2. The result is what you see.
Meanwhile the AI Design Creation files are being re-written, as well as all others. This file is found in each race, and tells the AI how to design each class of ship, what minimum speed it must have, the desired speed, and what weapons it may have as well as what strategy to use.
It can even be used to tell it what type of armor to use, normal, stealth, solar (armor that also produces energy from solar rays), Armor of Troy (really tough but expensive) etc etc.
A universal launch bay I created for my Skywalker Mod last year, as been adapted for this mod and will be used by the Babylon 5 trait only. This allows one component to launch mines, satellites, fighters or drones, rather than having one special launch bay for each type.
Meanwhile BK has been busy (though he should be resting more - mate!), did I mention he has produced over 280 components like this missile?
One last pic before I go, so much work to do. An original engine pic by Malfador Machinatons, redone and updated by yours truly..

No comments:

Post a Comment