07 April 2009

Space The Only Frontier

This is just a brief note partly due to finding another space game called Sins of a Solar Empire >
www.sinsofasolarempire.com/
Well it boosted (although real time strategy, not turn based), that it had 4 systems in the game, 3 races to choose from and from 30 to 100 planets per system! Ar, thats supposed to be big is it??? The number of planets per system is highly unrealistic, I mean Sol has 9 (or offically now only 8) planets! Space Empires IV can have from none to I don't know probably a hundred planets per system. Now get this, it can have up to 255 systems in an entire galaxy! Even at 10 planets per system thats 2,550 planets!
It also has systems that may contain only a black hole, or a nebulae, or a storm or comet, even (yuk) a space weed!
As for races? Well due to modders who have created hundreds of ship sets, you can choose from those hundreds, NOT 3 ! I know what I prefer....
Anyway I'm using the laptop, just to get updates, so I don't have anything useful on it, certainly no pictures, so until next time, Kiaora.

No comments:

Post a Comment