25 April 2009

Mod Progress

First I'd like to comment on yesterday being ANZAC day. It's amazing to see thousands of Aussies and Kiwis at Gallipoli in Turkey or in France to acknowledge the tremendous loss of life in WW 1 and WW 2. My own father served in North Africa and Italy during WW 2. What further amazes me is the high number of younger people going to those places on a day that is scared to Australians and Kiwis alike. One is also impressed by the Turkish respect for this day, when once they were our enemies. I'd take my hat off to them for the work they do in helping us celebrate Anzac day, especially at Gallipoli.

Now, back to the Masters of the Megaverse Mod. I have revised, my revision of a cloaking device component, that red ringed object you see. Meanwhile Black Knyght has produced a few more weapons, one of which is also shown, namely an Anti-Matter Cannon. Not too long ago he gave me a list of races that will appear in this mod, only 57 of them! 57, I think the original game had about 12 to 15?

So, expect some time spent, updating all the relevant files as they have to be adapted to accept all the new weapons, facilities, ship types etc.. This will make the AI use these items, to produce a tough opponent. If memory serves me, you can (if you're crazy) play against 19 opponents! Even with a universe with 255 systems, thats getting crowded.

There are additional examples of his work, which are posted over here -> http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42620

I have just about finished the files for the Abbidon Race, I have partly re-worked ten or so others, and its really time I got back to working on them. I have set up some basic copies of each file relevant to the traits the races will use. Some of these are Megascale (they get massive ships), Star Wars, Star Trek, B5 (Babylon 5), Troop Masters, etc etc., there's something like 22 traits the player can pick from. Each race will have certain traits built in for the AI to use. Now, back too it... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment