07 April 2009

Facility Update



Currently whilst I am waiting for the last few new component pictures to be sent to me, I have continued to look at either updating current facilities or creating new ones. Apart from the one already shown, I have created an Embassy facility which is new for the game. However, I am totally dissatisifed with my drawing efforts on this one, although the text file has been created, and thats simple enough. I'm wondering how I can upload and post a text file! Still a lot to learn.

For those interested in this type of game, you should perhaps visit Spaceempires.net

You will also find in the forums there a few entries by me and a range of possibilities. There is even a committee game shown at the bottom of the forum page. Now a committee game is quite different!

Being a turn based strategy game, normally you would play as one race, against a few AI races, or against other people via email. There used to be a PBW site but unfortunately after 10 years, it crashed and no proper safe guards were in place to save the important info!
Anyway, the difference with the committe game is, we all play as one race against a bunch of AI's. Therefore some of us control planets and act as System Lords for our region having a House name, in my case House Hermes. Currently I control 17 planets, in 7 systems, not counting one I just captured from the enemy!

Other players control fleets in the Federated World Star Navy (FWSN), one player has overall control of that, another Controls the Homeworld and the Federal Budget and there are a couple of Mercenary players who are contracted by the System Lords to help protect their assets and region of space. We even now have one who runs a Financial Institution!
As a rsult of this, we have a Senate, and discuss matters, and vote on bills and have the odd disagreement, purely role playing of-course.

Actually one fellow got on the wrong side of me, was 'chased' by my personal guards and finally 'caught'! He now responds to my commands by remote control! The reality is, most of that was his idea, and it adds a large amount of 'flavour' to the whole game.
Well the actual game, is turned once per week. We submit what we want done to the controlling player (SJ), who runs it on his computer, and does the actual turns. He also runs the budget and we even have a resource market where we can trade resources.

The game has four resources, 3 are minerals, organics and radioactives which are used to 'build' items, be they facilities on planets, or ships, or troops or fighters, drones etc. The fourth resource is research points. These are generated by facilities and are needed to research new or higher levels of technology.

Anyway, I digress slightly, I was planning on showing you my version of the spaceport in the game. I've only just finished modifying the original and cleaning it up. It is now 10 years old, so needed it. This will come out in the new mod when its finished, a couple of months away yet I think. It will probably be called "Masters of the Megaverse". Now compare that with the original which is on the left.

This project could well be called Space Empires IV Advanced its certainly a big project for a mod, and I believe Black Knyght started it nearly a year ago!

Time to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment